Friday, April 10, 2015

Blog Post 6: Video Game Prototype





EVA to the Rescue!  <<<< CLICK for GAME

This game is called EVA. My name is Dao. I am the designer for this game. My partner, Robert Buser, is the programmer of the game. EVA is a simple game inspired by Disney’s movie, WALL-E. The character that is being play is EVA. I wanted to make this game because I feel like almost all movies are male-based heroes. I wanted to make EVA, female robot, my heroine. Basically, in this game, EVA travels through the mazes in levels one and two to find WALL-E. While traveling through the maze, she can obtain battery to score more points. In addition to the batteries, she can also shoot laser ball at the evil robots guarding the maze. This gets her more points as well. As you move from one level to the next, the maze gets more difficult and there are more robots. Overall, we didn't have any problems with the glitch. There was just a lot of things we thought of in order to improve the game AFTER it was created and completed.

Ways to improve the game (from critiques and ideas afterward):

1.       Make battery be life instead of points.
2.       Make the robots come back to life if EVA dies and goes back to beginning.
3.       Include a door or gate to unlock in order to rescue WALL-E.
4.       Make a level 3 so puzzle can get intensely difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment