Monday, May 18, 2015

Blog Post 9: Course Reflection




Blog Post 9: Course Reflection
I love that we get to play physical games and digital games. Also, I enjoyed the topics that you discussed in class about games. It isn’t just about how to make a game but the concept behind it. I do have a difficult time having to read the articles. I hope this type of learning can be change into a lecture type so it can be more interactive because I really enjoy the YouTube videos you show us to explain further the topics from the articles. Besides the course, I wish that there were further lessons in the programs for game designing like some lessons in GameMaker. I know that we had a lecture on it, but it honestly wasn’t that great of a lecture. I guessed I wanted more time to actually learn how to use GameMaker, but I’m glad you introduced it to the class. I will definitely play around with it after this course. Additionally, I like that we discussed about the controversial in games since I never thought about games in that way besides Grand Theft Auto. There is so much more than GTA crazy killing spree. Some of them that you went over were Train and the massacre based events. I’m thankful that you have a lot of decoms for extra credits in case some students needed it. Basically, I love that this class wasn’t about the grade and more like learning and trying your best to turn in a project. Honestly, every other class should have this type of grading system.

No comments:

Post a Comment